Monday, April 5, 2010

Northern Lights and the final Movie Good Night 'til Next Year

OK, so it's quarter to 4 a.m. and I am just getting back from a little get-together at the artist-in-residence house here in Dawson... a bunch of us decided to head there after the "video dance party" at KIAC... lucky us, for we were blessed with one of the BEST NORTHERN LIGHTS shows that this correspondent has ever seen. Yes, even a camera was grabbed from inside, so we may even see how that spectacular represents... but it doesn't matter, for that memory will stay in my head forever... yes, even the fine art of film has its limitations, sometimes we just need to BE THERE!

I am certain the other bloggers will soon detail the awards that were handed out... I will just mention that I was pleased to see the film by Suzanne Crocker "Time Lines" take the top award, though I realize it was a difficult choice given the many options... but the simplicity and emotions of this short film speak for itself...and truly sum up the fine art of storytelling and the short film... and I think for that reason alone it deserved the MITY Award. Kudos to the judges for sifting through the difficult choices, as all the films had appeal and value.

That's it for now, I think i will hit the hay, somewhat saddened that the fest is over, that there is NO TOMORROW down there at KIAC... for those of you like myself that thought their particular film idea would look good and be well-received... well, we have a WHOLE YEAR to get off our asses and make it happen... see you next year film-goers... GOOD NIGHT.

No comments: